Wednesday 1 January 2014

New year, same me, less fried chicken...

Hello and welcome to my new and improved blog where I actually blog, frequently!

This is a bit of a New Years resolution blog post and I have something very serious to discuss. I know it's something that many people suffer with as well as myself so I thought I'd talk about it here, seeing as it's a new year and I've vowed to try and change in order to rid myself of this problem. I don't know if there's a medical term for it so I've invented my own; colourphobia. I wouldn't say I'm terrified of colour, more that I simply CANNOT stop buying black clothes. If shops could stop making really nice variations of black chunky and fine knit jumpers then my life would be a whole lot easier, and don't even get me started on ASOS' amazing £28 version of the infamous Joni Jeans.
Is it just me or does everything look better in black? I think black can save your life in so many ways, it makes you look slimmer, it's classy, and if you like me are a fan of the flamboyant accessory then it's definitely the right colour for you. Asides from all these facts, black's just cool.

While I'm on a role with my confessions and "must stop doing" list I suppose I should address my problem with Instagram. Now nothing makes me happier than coming across a new Instagram profile that's beautifully laid out, full of symmetry and lines and black and white pictures of lovely expensive things. I don't think I'm the only person who suffers from Insta Envy but it's not pretty and I'm definitely trying to shake my jealously of people with nicer and what looks like more fun lives than mine. Who cares that they get to travel around the world to Greece for a tan and then Berlin for shopping... not me? (I'm working on it)

I think I'm a bit of a "grass is always greener" gal when I want to be and it's not really something I plan to continue doing because I have plenty of my own talents and things to be thankful for. I think one of the best qualities we can have as human beings is self belief, when I was younger self confidence was something I had in abundance and to all the females out there you'll know what I mean when I say other girls can literally SMELL IT. When you're 14 you're not supposed to have confidence, how dare you in fact! so I sort of made a point of trying to not act like I was self assured, but to be honest at 20 I feel a lot more comfortable being my whole self around the people in my life now. If you haven't already done so I suggest you make a point of ridding your life of anyone who makes you feel bad about being yourself. Surround yourself with people who actually like you for you and you'll start to feel a whole lot better about yourself.

I've never really used my blog as a medium of talking about this kind of thing but I think this year I'll incorporate a bit more of myself into the blog, not just fashion. Don't worry I'm not going to turn this into a blog full of rants! but if I have a platform to speak I think I should make the most of it. I'm also pretty close to the 10,000 page view mark which I'm excited about so I've got lots of blogs planned to help me reach it.
I usually try to avoid the whole cheesy "new year new me" stuff because even though it's a new year you're definitely still the same you. I think it's better to say to yourself that you'll stay the same but with a few tweaks to improve your well being, like I definitely need to stop eating fried chicken and sit in the sunshine more often.

Before I go I do need to apologise for my lapse in blogging, I've had a serious case of writers block and even though I had so much to say I just couldn't find the words. Hopefully this year I'll find them a bit easier and get my page views to 10,000 and thank you to all of you who are avid readers and have gotten me so close to the 10k mark! Sometimes I feel like I'm writing to myself but when I see your lovely comments it makes me happy to know someone agrees with and enjoys my mad ramblings.

Lots of love and kisses,
Katie.



No comments:

Post a Comment